TRAKS
LSDIS Lab at UGA
Ontologies Data Sets
TRAKS Homepage Try TRAKS Templates About TRAKS

Motivation

Interim Report

Final Report

Team Members

Status

Reference Links



Time: Monday Nov. 11, 2003
Attendees: Aleman, Chris, Satya
Details:

We discussed the feedback given in the class about scalability and defined design decisions/modifications based on that. We clarified remaining duties by each member. A couple of touchgraph/servlet issues need to be solved (Satya, Aleman). The writeup needs to include the latest developments (Aleman). The code needs to address a few more design issues that have come up lately (Chris). We've also updated the preliminary presentation: TRAKS report of progress (3.78 MB)



Time: Monday Nov. 03, 2003
Attendees: Aleman, Chris, Satya
Details:

Aleman modified Satya's servlet for an appropiate location where to store the uploaded items. Aleman created a configuration Servlet to be used to track uploaded items. Chris started coding the part one of the prototype for 'core'-template matching. Aleman created the presentation of progress report.



Time: Friday Oct. 17, 2003
Attendees: Aleman, Chris, Satya
Details:

We have divided tasks to acomplish during the week in which we have the course exam. Satya will work with Servlets for uploading the ontologies. Aleman will help him to keep track of the uploaded items. Aleman has finished with the ontology and created the touchgraph visualization tool. Chris will modify the visualization tool to work with instance data.



Time: Friday Oct. 5, 2003
Attendees: Aleman, Chris, Satya
Details:

In this meeting we have designed a new project web site which will also serve as the demo interface. It is still under construction, but good progress has been made. We also reviewed new templates that had been created be team members. We have assigned the following work for the next meeting. Aleman will create the ontology to be used, Chris will continue to work on the web site, and Satya will configure Tomcat so that we can run servlets and create more models. In addition, all members are also starting intial brainstorming regarding the algorithms.



Time: Wednesday Sept. 24, 2003
Attendees: Aleman, Chris, Satya
Details:

In this meeting we reviewed the models that each memeber designed from real events. We have decided that all three group members will each survey and summarize 2 more semantic similarity measures that exist for next week. Each member will also model two more templates in the same domain as last weeks assignments. We set our next meeting for Oct. 1, 2003. For this meeting we again plan review relevant semantic similarity measures already done which will be useful in our project. We also will review the new models. We plan to model our ontology based on these models and serialize everthing as RDF or OWL.



Time: Wednesday Sept. 17, 2003
Attendees: Aleman, Chris, Satya
Details:

In this meeting we discussed more reading from last week. We have decided that all three group members will each survey and summarize 2 previous semantic similarity measures that exist for next week. In addition Chris will have modeled at least 1 template for money laundering, Aleman will model at least 1 template for id theft, and Satya will model at least one terrorist planning template. We set our next meeting for Sept. 24, 2003. For this meeting we plan review relevant semantic similarity measures already done which will be useful in our project. We also will review the models and begin drafting our intial ontology to be used in the project.



Time: Monday Sept. 8, 2003
Attendees: Aleman, Chris, Satya
Details:

In this meeting we discussed the readings from last week. We then drafted out project motivation/description. We then set our next meeting for Sept. 17, 2003. For this meeting we plan to divide initial project detail between the group members.



Time: Tuesday Sept. 2, 2003
Attendees: Aleman, Chris, Satya
Details:

In this meeting we desinged our project web site. Chris was appointed to maintain the project web site. We also assigned required readings which were relevant to this project. These readings were to be read by the next meeting, which was set on Sept. 8, 2003.



Time: Tuesday Aug. 26, 2003
Attendees: Aleman, Chris, Satya
Details:

This was the initial group meeting. Names and email addresses were exchanged. Project ideas were also proposed. After discussion the intial project idea was settled upon. As a group we decided to create a terrorist warning and prevention tool based on semantic similarity.