Semantic Discovery: Discovering Complex Relationships in Semantic Web
A NSF Medium ITR project
UMBC Publications Page
Overview of Homeland Security Research at LSDIS Lab, Jan 2004 (PDF)
- B. Aleman-Meza, F. Hakimpour, I.B. Arpinar, A.P. Sheth,
SwetoDblp Ontology of Computer Science Publications,
Journal of Web Semantics (2007), (Accepted Article in Press)
- I. Budak Arpinar, Amit Sheth, Cartic Ramakrishnan, E. Lynn Usery, Molly. Azami, and Michelle Kwan,
"Geospatial Ontology Development and Semantic Analytics," Transactions in GIS, Blackwell Publishing, Vol. 10, No. 4, 2006, pp. 551-576.
- Vipul Kashyap, Cartic Ramakrishnan, Christopher Thomas, and Amit Sheth, TaxaMiner: an experimentation framework for automated taxonomy bootstrapping, Int. J. Web and Grid Services, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2005, pp. 240-266.
- Cartic Ramakrishnan, William H. Milnor, Matthew Perry, Amit P. Sheth,
"Discovering Informative Connection Subgraphs in Multi-relational Graphs",
SIGKDD Explorations Special Issue on Link Mining, Volume 7, Issue 2, December 2005
- Boanerges Aleman-Meza, Christian Halaschek-Wiener, I. Budak Arpinar, Cartic Ramakrishnan, and Amit Sheth, "Ranking Complex Relationships on the Semantic Web" (journal version), IEEE Internet Computing, 9(3), pp. 37-44, May/June 2005
- Amit Sheth, Boanerges Aleman-Meza, I. Budak Arpinar, Chris Halaschek, Cartic Ramakrishnan, Clemens Bertram, Yashodhan Warke, David Avant, F. Sena Arpinar, Kemafor Anyanwu, Krys Kochut. "Semantic Association Identification and Knowledge Discovery for National Security Applications" (journal version). Special Issue of Journal of Database Management on Database Technology for Enhancing National Security, (L. Zhou and W. Kim, Eds.), 16(1), 33-53, Jan-March 2005
- Kemafor Anyanwu and Amit P. Sheth. "The r Operator: Discovering and Ranking Associations on the Semantic Web." SIGMOD Record (Special issue on Amicalola Workshop), 31 (4), pp. 42-47, December 2002
- M. Perry, F. Hakimpour, and A. Sheth, Analyzing Theme, Space and Time: An Ontology-based Approach, Proc. of the 14th Intl Symposium on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (ACM-GIS '06), Arlington, VA, November 10 - 11, 2006.
- Leo Deligiannidis, Amit Sheth and Boneres Aleman-Meza, Semantic Analytics Visualization, IEEE Intl Conf on Intelligence and Security Informatics (ISI-2006), May 23-24, 2006, San Diego, CA.
B. Aleman-Meza, M. Nagarajan, C. Ramakrishnan, L. Ding, P. Kolari, A. Sheth, I. B. Arpinar, A. Joshi, and T. Finin,
"Semantic Analytics on Social Networks: Experiences in Addressing the Problem of Conflict of Interest Detection"
15th International World Wide Web Conference, Edinburgh, Scotland, May 23-26, 2006 (acceptance rate 11%)
- Maciej Janik, Krys Kochut, "BRAHMS: A WorkBench RDF Store And High Performance Memory System for Semantic Association Discovery" In the Proceedings of the 4th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC2005), November 2005, Galway Ireland, pp. 431-445.
- K. Anyanwu, A. Maduko, A. Sheth. "SemRank: Ranking Complex Relationship Search Results on the Semantic Web." In the Proceedings of the 14th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW2005), May 2005. Chiba Japan, pp. 117-127. Paper Presentation
- Boanerges Aleman-Meza, Phillip Burns, Matthew Eavenson, Devanand Palaniswami, Amit Sheth, "An Ontological Approach to the Document Access Problem of Insider Threat" (conference version), Proceedings of the IEEE Intl. Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics (ISI-2005), May 19-20, 2005
- Kemafor Anyanwu and Amit P. Sheth. "r-Queries: Enabling Querying for Semantic Associations on the Semantic Web." The Twelfth International World Wide Web Conference, Budapest, Hungary. May 2003. Paper(html) Presentation(ppt), Presentation(pdf)
- Boanerges Aleman-Meza, Chris Halaschek, Amit Sheth, I. Budak Arpinar, Gowtham Sannapareddy. "SWETO: Large-Scale Semantic Web Test-bed," Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Software Engineering & Knowledge Enginerring (SEKE2004): Workshop on Ontology in Action, Banff, Canada, June 21-24, 2004, pp. 490-493.
- Boanerges Aleman-Meza, Chris Halaschek, I. Budak Arpinar, Amit Sheth. "Context-Aware Semantic Association Ranking" (proceedings version), Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Semantic Web and Databases, Berlin, Germany, September 7-8, 2003; pp. 33-50. Presentation (ppt)
Demonstrations and Short Papers
- Chris Halaschek, Boanerges Aleman-Meza, I. Budak Arpinar, Amit Sheth. "Discovering and Ranking Semantic Associations over a Large RDF Metabase," 30th Int. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases, August 30 - September 03, 2004, Toronto, Canada. Demonstration Paper (conference version) (Poster, Presentation)
- Boanerges Aleman-Meza, Christian Halaschek-Wiener, Satya Sanket Sahoo, Amit Sheth, I. Budak Arpinar, "Template Based Semantic Similarity for Security Applications," Extended Abstract, (conference version), Proceedings of the IEEE Intl. Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics (ISI-2005), May 19-20, 2005
- Boanerges Aleman-Meza, Farshad Hakimpour, I. Budak Arpinar, Amit P. Sheth,
"SwetoDblp Ontology of Computer Science Publications,"
Technical Report, LSDIS Lab, Computer Science Department, University of
Georgia, October 2006
(this technical report is predecessor of our SwetoDblp Article in J. Web Semantics)
- Boanerges Aleman-Meza, Christian Halaschek-Wiener, Satya Sanket Sahoo, Amit Sheth, I. Budak Arpinar, "Template Based Semantic Similarity for Security Applications," Technical Report, LSDIS Lab, Computer Science Department, University of Georgia, January 2005
- William H. Milnor, Cartic Ramakrishnan, Matthew Perry, Amit P. Sheth, John A. Miller, and Krzysztof J. Kochut, "Discovering Informative Subgraphs in RDF Graphs" Technical Report, LSDIS Lab, Computer Science Department, University of Georgia, April 2005
- Semantic Web Technology Evaluation Ontology (SWETO): A test bed for evaluating tools and benchmarking applications, B. Aleman-Meza, A. Sheth, I. B. Arpinar, C. Halaschek and the SemDIS team. Developers Day: Semantic Web Track. Intl WWW Conference Developers Day, New York, NY, May 2004. Presentation (PDF), Abstract
- Amit Sheth, Ontology Driven Information Systems in Action (Capturing and Applying Existing Knowledge to Semantic Applications), invited talk at Sharing the Knowledge- International CIDOC CRM Symposium, March 26-27, Washington, DC. Presentation (PDF) Abstract
- Amit Sheth, Relationships at the Heart of Semantic Web: Modeling, Discovering, Validating and Exploiting Complex Semantic Relationship, Keynote Address, SOFSEM 2002 (29th Annual Conference on Current Trends in Theory and Practice of Informatics), Milovy, Czech Replublic, November 2002. Related paper Presentation
- Semantic Content Management for Enterprises and National Security, Keynote Address at the Content and Semantic-based Information Retrieval in conjunction with the 6th World Multi-conference on Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics (SCI 2002), Orlando, Florida, USA, July 14-18, 2002. Abstract Presentation in PPT